Friday, October 30, 2009

Plane Crashes into House in Lawerencville, Ga.


I heard about a plane that had crashed into a home in Lawrencville, Ga and I grabbed my camera, a trash bag to cover it from the rain and a GPS device and headed that way. When I arrived I was allowed to enter the media area that was pretty far from the home. The house or any of the action was no where in site. I stood at the line with two reporters from CBS news for about 15 minutes when Captain Tommy Rutledge from the Gwinnett Fire Dept. asked me who I was shooting for, I told him I was just a photojournalism student, then Capt. Rutledge invited me to follow him and CBS Atlanta reporter Michelle Nash and her Camera man to a closer spot.
I was able to listen to the interview and watch them ask questions and try to get answers, I learned a lot about what these reporters have to go through to get a story. The house is completely demolished and is now nothing more than a cloud of white smoke. It was a devastating event but I was thankful I was allowed the opportunity to shoot it. It was rainy, foggy and very smokey which made it difficult to shoot but I tried my best! Check out a few more shots on my Flickr here.

2 comments:

Leave a Comment